Spring Break for Families in New Braunfels
Destinations like New Braunfels offer a great Spring Break value for families with younger children looking for a budget-friendly easy to manage getaway.
“Shoulder seasons provide a great opportunity for families,” says Judy Young, the New Braunfels Convention and Visitors Bureau Director. “Resort areas like New Braunfels have the infrastructure. New Braunfels entertains thousands of families during the summer. Springtime offers many of the same attractions. People don’t think about how mild our weather is this time of year – perfect for outdoor fun. And we’re a smaller, easy to navigate and safer place for children.”
Explore these family attractions in New Braunfels and the Texas Hill Country:
- Water Recreation – People flock to New Braunfels in the summertime for the Comal and Guadalupe rivers and Canyon Lake. Mild spring days see a high temperature averaging 72 degrees February through April. Perfect for kayaking, rafting, and fishing the rivers plus boating on the lake. And, kids will love these water-oriented attractions:
- Schlitterbahn Waterpark – Blastenhoff is open for Spring Break with great rides like the Master Blaster and The Torrent.
- Texas Ski Ranch – It’s a 70-acre action sports park with a great cable lake for all levels of water sports enthusiasts. You can wakeboard, ski, snowboard, skateboard and SUP! There’s a beach and a spring-loaded trampoline park, too.
- Outdoor Fun
- Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch – Check out ostrich feathers, zebra ears and buffalo noses up close and personal. It’s 450 acres with 500 animals – 40 exotic, native and endangered animal species to see and photograph.
- Natural Bridge Caverns – See massive, other-worldly formations formed by single drops of water and the slow passage of time. Take on the sky-high Canopy Challenge. Make it through a 5,000 square foot outdoor maze and pan for gems, fossils and other treasures.
- Stars & Stripes Drive-In Theatre – Create a unique memory. Enjoy a night under the stars at a brand new “Back to the Future” drive-in movie theater!
- Fun History and Culture
- New Braunfels Museums – Let the imagination go at McKenna Children’s Museum. Lend-A-Hand Ranch, Destination Space and more provide inspiration. Visit the Sophienburg Archives & Museum. See what traveling by ship from Germany to Texas was like. Check out Heritage Village, the Railroad Museum, and a historic murals “museum” downtown.
- Historic Gruene Texas – Teach the kids to two-step at Texas’ Oldest Dance Hall like generations of Texans before you. Show them the toys grandparents played with in the antique shops. Have lunch on a giant deck overlooking the Guadalupe River. Stop by the General Store for some fudge or ice cream.
- Downtown New Braunfels – Take a stroll and delight the kids. There are bakery shops, pizza parlors and fire engine and train museums downtown. Landa Park has a miniature train ride, playscapes and camping/picnicking areas.