Best State and National Parks For Fall Foliage Viewing
By Jon Hoffman
Here are the park locations and optimal times for foliage viewing.
This year’s list, and the optimal times for foliage viewing, includes:
Curecanti National Recreational Area
Peak colors begin in late September and run through the end of October.
Natchez Trace Parkway
In middle to late October, the maple, hickory, oak and other hardwood trees begin to change colors.
honorflight93.org/webcam today to find instant inspiration for a trip to the site or to take a virtual fall foliage tour.
Zion National Park
Peak foliage colors appear at the end of October and into the first few days of November.
Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park
Rich with sugar maples and 400-year-old hemlocks, this site boasts outstanding fall foliage each year. This year’s prime viewing is expected from mid-October through early November.
Apostles Islands National Lakeshore
Peak foliage viewing various depending on inland or coastal location, however the foliage show runs from late September through October. Additionally, many bird species are migrating through the park right now, so foliage seekers get an extra show from Mother Nature.
Blue Ridge Parkway – Peak colors expected mid-to-late October
- Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area – Peak colors are expected through Thanksgiving
- Fire Island National Seashore – Peak colors covering the dunes and beach plants expected late October
- Flight 93 National Memorial – Peak colors expected second and third week of October
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore – Peak colors are expected through the third week of October
- Jean Lafitte National Historic Park and Preserve- Peak colors for Fall wild flowers expected through November
- Minute Man National Historical Park – Peak colors expected Columbus Day weekend through October
- Olympic National Park – Peak colors expected through October
- Timpanogos Cave National Monument – Peak colors expected through October
- Yosemite National Park– Peak colors expected late October into November
State Park and local area information is available at National Park Foundation is the official charity of America’s national parks. Chartered by Congress, we work hand in hand with the www.nationalparks.org.
https://greatfamilyvacationdestinations.com/best-state-and-national-parks-for-fall-foliage-viewing/https://greatfamilyvacationdestinations.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/fall-colors2.jpghttps://greatfamilyvacationdestinations.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/fall-colors2-150x150.jpgFall Colors TripsBest,Destinations,Fall Colors,family,National,park. Fall Foliage,Parks,State,vacationBy Jon Hoffman Here are the park locations and optimal times for foliage viewing. This year's list, and the optimal times for foliage viewing, includes: CALIFORNIA Curecanti National Recreational Area Peak colors begin in late September and run through the...Greta JenkinsGreta Jenkinsgreta@first7days.comAuthorGreat Family Vacation Destinations