Six Flags New for 2012
New rides and attractions opening at Six Flags parks across North America.
Among the 2012 highlights:
- Los Angeles – Six Flags Magic Mountain, which is the Thrill Capital of the World, welcomes the world’s tallest vertical drop ride, LEX LUTHOR: Drop of Doom! At a sky-scraping 400 feet, this engineering phenomenon drops riders at speeds of up to
- 85 miles-per-hour.
- San Francisco – Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight, a new launch coaster, blasts riders at over 60 miles-per-hour through two vertical twists and a high-flying 150-foot-high inversion, ranking it among the tallest inversions in the world.
- Chicago – X-Flight, the only announced wing coaster in the United States, soars into Six Flags Great America , and features 3,000 feet of intense high-speed drops and barrel rolls with no track above or below.
- New England – Six Flags in Massachusetts debuts Goliath — a colossal boomerang coaster that sends riders up nearly 200 feet in the air, flying forward and backward over a twisting, looping inverted steel track at speeds up to 65 miles-per-hour.
- Washington D.C. – Six Flags America introduces Apocalypse, the park’s eighth roller coaster and first stand-up design that offers a two-minute adventure and features a 90-foot drop with vertical and cork screw inversions at 55 miles-per-hour.
- New Jersey and San Antonio – Guests at Six Flags Great Adventure will have more to scream about with the introduction of SkyScreamer, the newest sensation in tower rides. SkyScreamer offers breathtaking views from open air swings that rotate in a 98-foot circle high above the parks.
- St. Louis – Thrilling water park additions are also on tap for next season. Guests at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor will keep cool and have a blast at the same time on the all new Bonzai Pipeline, the park’s first extreme looping body slide. Hurricane Harbor at Great Adventure is also premiering this ground-breaking new slide while Alpine Freefalls, a Nordic-themed waterslide complex, is on tap for The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom in upstate New York. This multi-slide attraction will feature the park’s first free-fall speed slide and the region’s first twisted mat racer.
- Mexico, La Ronde in Montreal, Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas are adding a variety of family rides, shows and attractions at several parks.
- 45th anniversary tribute at Six Flags Over Georgia.
More about upcoming 2012 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides, visit sixflags.com/2012news.
https://greatfamilyvacationdestinations.com/six-flags-new-for-2012/https://greatfamilyvacationdestinations.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/six-flags.jpghttps://greatfamilyvacationdestinations.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/six-flags-150x150.jpgUncategorized2012,Chicago,DC,Georgie,Los Angeles,Mexico,Montreal,New,New Jersey,San Antonio,Six Flags,St Louis,Texas,WashingtonNew rides and attractions opening at Six Flags parks across North America. Among the 2012 highlights: Los Angeles - Six Flags Magic Mountain, which is the Thrill Capital of the World, welcomes the world's tallest vertical drop ride, LEX LUTHOR: Drop of Doom! At a sky-scraping 400 feet,...Greta JenkinsGreta Jenkinsgreta@first7days.comAuthorGreat Family Vacation Destinations