Awesome Ideas for Winter Family Vacation
Although the majority of families who can only afford one holiday a year decide to take their trip in the summer, this doesn’t mean there aren’t some unforgettable trips to be had during the colder months of the year.
It may be surprising to some but some of the most memorable tourist destinations actually have the strongest demand in the winter months. They may not involve sunning yourself on the beach for eight hours a day, but they can certainly provide thrills that traditional summer holiday resorts are unable to match.
This article takes a look at three brilliant ideas for a winter getaway.
- Go and See Santa Claus – Trips to Lapland are unsurprisingly most popular amongst families at Christmas time. As well as giving their family the opportunity to visit Santa Claus, those booking Arctic Adventure holidays will have the chance to ride snowmobiles and husky sleds in some of the world’s most snowy terrains.
- The Arctic is also one of the most popular destinations for those planning
- Northern Lights – Tourists can get some of the best glimpses of the Northern Lights there in the winter and many describe the experience as unmissable.
- Skiing – Skiing is one the most popular winter sports in the world and can be learned by men, women and children of all ages. Canada and The Nordics are all great destinations for a skiing holiday and many holiday providers offer lessons and equipment hire as part of their package
- Sunshine Breaks – One of the main reasons Brits decide to holiday in the winter is because it is so cold in their own country! Luckily, countries on the other side of the world like
- Australia and New Zealand – are enjoying their summertime climate. There are plenty of popular tourist destinations in Africa too.